The present Holy Angels church is the third one to have been built in Cranford. The first was built by Fr Maurice Child in 1935. It was an iron mission hut built to cater for the rapidly developing and growing parish. This church burnt down in 1941 and was replaced a year later by a converted Rodney hut. Again, Martin Travers was commissioned to furnish the church, which he did with characteristic ultramontane style. This second building burnt down in 1965. The church that we have today was built around 1970.
Holy Angels, looking East
Holy Angels, looking West
The Foundation Stone, Holy Angels
Looking into the Lady Chapel from the main church
The Lady Chapel, Holy Angels
The Organ, Holy Angels
Madonna and Child
The Calvary Crosses
The former Bishop of Richborough at the 2007 Patronal Festival. Pope Benedict XV1 has recently appointed him the Ordinary of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham in the Catholic Church.